Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Road trip, day 2: Palestine, Texas

How my perfect morning turned into me almost burning down our hotel...! 
 So, let me set the mood... This morning we had a slow and lazy start due to the cold grey sky which meant only one thing: rain.  As we got up, ate breakfast and began our day - Will and I were hopeful that the clouds would clear and allow us to fulfill our plans: his were to conduct product training at the Big Brown coal mine and Baxter and I's were to explore the historic downtown of Palestine.

But, as the rain started to pour and my plans for the day well and truly had to be cancelled, Baxter and I improvised a new and exciting plan involving snuggling under the bed sheets, a movie on cable and popcorn!  It was a great plan and we were warm and comfortable under the covers... until the microwave burnt my popcorn and filled the room with smoke, causing the smoke alarm to go off, the hotel manager to come running and the phone to ring non-stop!

Poor Bax got the fright of his life and hid under covers and behind pillows through all of this commotion and even throughout the entire hour that an industrial fan had to be left turned on to blow all the smoke and smell out of the window!



So far not what I had planned; but there is never a dull moment!  Now that our nerves are calm, we are trying again with the movie - we decided we don't need the popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment