Saturday, September 24, 2011

New York, New York: It's a heck of a town!

How many people are lucky enough to say that their first trip to Manhattan was an all expenses paid trip as an Editorial Fashion Writer?!  I am!  Not only had I spent the past year watching Gossip Girl episodes and dreaming of the day I would visit the city of dreams, that never sleeps, where the streets are paved with gold for myself... but I had an all access pass for 3 days worth of runways, models, red carpets and exclusive after parties at Couture Fashion Week!

Almost the entire time I kept smiling and pinching myself, completely drunk on excitement and gratitude!  There’s really nothing equal to the anticipation and atmosphere at a runway fashion show; but there is something else entirely about a couture runway: something so personal and endearing … romantic even!  While sitting in the audience, you are overcome with the knowledge that what you’re witnessing has never been done or imagined by anyone else and will never be repeated in exactly the same way again.  It's like you're the first to hear a big secret and you feel honoured.

The perfect setting for this love affair was Manhattan’s historic landmark hotel: the Waldorf Astoria. Located in the Midtown region of the island, it’s close to all the major attractions like Times Square, Central Park, Madison and 5th Ave and Grand Central Station, which Will and I explored during free moments (you didn't think this girl would travel alone, did you!?)


Here are some happy snaps of my first trip to Manhattan and NY's Couture Fashion Week:
CFW night 1
Fave Dress

CFW Night 2


The Plaza Hotel; a must-see Landmark

Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Times Square

No comments:

Post a Comment