Monday, March 19, 2012


Given that Will travels so often, he always tries to make up for it by showing me something new before he goes away.  This way, the horrible gut-wrenching feeling I get at his departure is somewhat dulled by the excitement and antisipation of a new experience; and God bless him, he really puts in an effort to think up new activities or at the very least take me to one of my favourite places. 

This time, a real first for me: an authentic American gun shop. We both felt I've lived here long enough now to experience it.

Very friendly staff



I was pretty uncomfortable, but Will insisted! 

Aside from the strange and somewhat unsettled feeling I had that these weren't props but actual, real weapons meant to maine or kill; the thing that greatly un-nerved me was overhearing a sales associate as he trained a girl my age, with a baby in a pram, to use the pistol that she had just purchased!  It made me think, that since guns don't kill people; people do, maybe I'd be safer with a gun!...  Although to Will's major disappointment, we left empty handed that day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment