Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin mania


Pumpkin soup
photo credit: uniquefallwedding.com

There’s an old and very well known saying (thanks to Ron Burgundy who just couldn’t get it right!): “when in Rome, do as the Romans do.” Well right now in the USA the thing to do is really anything to do with fall harvest or Halloween.  America and its people are very seasonal and will take any excuse to decorate their houses, yards or to hang wreaths anywhere they can.


So naturally, pumpkins are all around and not just as decorations; they are being implemented into recipes, drinks, clothing and jewelery. That’s why I have set myself a mission to try every consumable pumpkin product I can.

As I write this, I sip on my very first pumpkin latte from Starbucks and I really like it. It’s similar to a cinnamon latte but I guess they use pumpkin spice sprinkle instead of cinnamon.


Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin mousse, pumpkin porridge, cookies, crepes, waffles and smoothies are among the things I plan to try.


Pumpkin cake
photo credit: countryliving.com

Pumpkin Mousse Parfaitphoto credit: childfreechic.com

Pumpkin pie
photo credit: favim.com


Pumpkin beer
photo credit: amymittelman.com


Pumpkin coffee
photo credit: lbsimpson.blogspot.com

3 comments: