Friday, June 8, 2012

Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen is the first book I've managed to complete reading since Edward Rutherfurd's New York months ago.  I finished it in half a day - I couldn't put it down! Entertaining and exceptionally easy to read; it's also heart wrenching and plain tormenting at times.  I saw the movie almost a year ago and have found it to be a very accurate portrayal of the book (for a change!).  The actor choices were great, I can't imagine anyone better for the three lead parts and while reading, my mind drew pictures of scenes and actors from the movie.

I would recommend this book and movie combo to everyone (over the age of 16) and will definitely add it to my pile of favourite books that I re-read in rotation every few years or so.  The main character Jacob Jankowski comes to such a heartbreaking and honest end that I hope I never forget the resolutions this book inspired within me to make.  I wonder how many resolutions or emotions it will stir within others?


No comments:

Post a Comment