Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Catching Up


I know I’ve been quite again for a while; but in my defence, nothing worth blogging about has been going on.  Will was in Africa for three weeks and I was just working and catching up with friends at J Crew.  Actually, I take that back... I did spend a week working at a fabulous hair salon in Atlanta called Douglas and Co. (as a receptionist! Settle down, they wouldn't actually let me cut anyone’s hair!!).  It was a great time and learning experience; with the best part being the before and after transformations of clients: enter dishevelled hag... exit Malibu Barbie (extremity of cases varying of course!) 

I also came away from it with a new, God-sent hair dresser; the kind you can consult with before an appointment and trust that they actually have your best interest in mind.  I’ve always wanted a hair dresser I can blindly trust and now I have one! YAY! Thanks Erica x Needless to say, I will now recommend Douglas and Co. to all friends/ acquaintances/ dishevelled hags I come across in need of a decent salon and boast shamelessly about how fantastic and healthy my hair looks and feels.

Moving on... Will is setting out for another work trip tomorrow (yes, he has only been home for 5 days) and this time he insists on me accompanying him since we’ve hardly seen each other this past month.  This will be a weeklong trip to Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin; including 4th July spent at a street festival in Chicago!!  I am therefore trying desperately to get my shifts covered at J Crew so I can go... fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. LENA!!! I found you!! This is Kelly- your fave server in Anderson, Indiana!! LOL First off girl, I sooo wanna thank you for your VERY generous tip! You have no idea how much that meant to me. Very kind and sweet of you and your hubby. I'm so glad I found your blog, would love to keep in touch with you and get to know each other. You are unlike ANY friend I've ever had! You are a very cool woman, I already can tell. Can't wait til I have more time to read thru your blogs... on my way to work.. UGH... not really lovin my job..lol... but Friday YOU made my day!!!!! have a wonderful sunday Lena <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly!
      I'm so glad that we made your day that Friday! You were awesome and I hope took our advice to start saving for the Aus trip :) trust me, you will love it! Thanks for locating me and reading my muck! I hope to get to know you and stay in touch also!! Lots of love to you x

      Delete
  2. Aww thank you Lena! And oh yes, we definitely took your advice, my husband Terry, is all about visiting Australia!! If he had it his way he'd move if I said let's go! lol
    Well hope you've had an enjoyable weekend so far, and I look forward to reading more of your blogs! Have a Blessed Day! :) XO

    ReplyDelete