Friday, January 13, 2012

Focus

Working in a shopping centre certainly has its disadvantages! Michael Kors was having a sale today, so of course I had to go in! $174 and a dream handbag later, I’m wondering how Will or I ever thought that my working in retail would be a good idea? Monkey see, monkey WANT!

Thoughts of decorating the new apartment, needing to visit the dentist or my dream month long trip back home, all fly out of the window when I arrive at work and see new merchandise displayed in a manner that suggests buying it would make my life complete… Aww temptation! If the Lord resides within a temple – the devil resides in retail!

photo credit: lov-3.net
I’m mentally adding “AVOID SHOPS – walk in and out of mall with head down” to my list of 2012 goals!
I’m determined to stay strong and think of… {below} instead!

photo credit: mrvpn.com

photo credit: ngm.nationalgeographic.com
Only 9 months to go!!

2 comments: