Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The urge to write

I'm horrible at this blogging business, I know.  I'm the same at keeping a journal -very inconsistent with my entries and not regimented at all.  I've always wanted to be more organized and I tried to give this blogspot a specific genre (travel) but I could never actually get organized enough while on the road to upload photos or travel maps and reviews/ bleh! 

Then I told myself that having a blog is like keeping a journal but I couldn't believe it because of the people-reading-it thing and the expectations that places on me to remain prompt with posts, have engaging content etc.   While I've always wished I could be more organized, I'm afraid the truth is that I will always be spontaneous and emotional.  It's the same problem that people who rely on me to stay in touch have ... I only write when I have an urge.  And today, after more than a year, I felt an urge to blog something.  

I've had enough of opening this blogspot and thinking 'I have nothing engaging to say' or 'maybe if I say this it'll require a back story?'  I'm just going to write. Something I should have done from the beginning and stay true to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment