Friday, October 8, 2010

Say hi to Baxter!

Over the past week Will has started preparing me for the inevitable fact that he must return to the office soon.  Monday I spent driving around Peachtree City, shopping and having lunch with his mum, while Will spent the entire day catching up on the state of affairs at his work.  It brought to light an alarming realisation that I had not yet considered: Will is a travelling salesman... his territories need attending to... he would soon be travelling... we would soon be leaving Peachtree City... and I would be all alone.  

Up until this point, I have felt more or less like I'm on holidays.  Everything around me is so new and foreign; Will the only familiar constant, we have been together almost every minute so I haven't' had time to consider this overwhelming lifestyle change... but Will has. 


Knowing how difficult it is about to become for me, my amazing husband drove us to a small town called Zebulon today where we picked out an adorable new companion for me: a miniature poodle puppy who we have named 'Baxter' and who is asleep on my lap as I type this!  He is 10 weeks old, weighs 2.3kgs (5 pounds) and I already love him so so much! 



Little fluff ball!
Official name on birth certificate:
Baxter My-Little-Gentleman Lawson
Will is allergic to dog hair, so he got us a poodle,
which is said to be hypo-allergenic <3 font="font">
          

No comments:

Post a Comment